IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA)
OUR SPECIALIST SERVICES HELP AIRLINES TO IMPROVE ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS.
The IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) program is an evaluation system designed to independently assess and improve the environmental management of an airline. The program is based on developing a minimum common environmental standard and environmental management in areas such as corporate policies, on-board recycling, efficient flight and airport operations, limiting and reducing carbon emissions and general energy efficiencies incorporated into activities.
ACS is the ONLY authorised IATA Audit Organisation (AO) to conduct IEnvA assessments in the world.
The complex nature of airlines and their global presence poses challenges for full Environmental Management System (EMS) implementation, hence, IEnvA is based on 2 implementation phases:
Stage 1 allows the Airline to set the framework for its EMS and identify and comply with its legal requirements and other obligations.
Stage 2 allows the Airline to determine the significance of its environmental aspects, set objectives and targets. It also provides the framework for monitoring requirements, internal assessments and management review.
Benefits for Airlines
- Independent assessments by an accredited environmental assessment organisation, utilizing on-line tools and data exchange.
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revision and environmental best practices based on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) programs.
- Reduced regulatory compliance risk and increase financial benefits from resource saving and demonstration of best practice environmental governance.
- Compatible with other environmental management systems requirements, such as ISO 14001.
- Two-stage implementation based on corporate activities and flight operations.
- Adoption of IEnvA procedures allows resources to focus on improving environmental performance rather than building environmental management system from scratch
- Modules for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Ground Operations (GO) are currently under development.
Financial benefits for Airlines
The implementation of an environmental program will result in the following financial benefits:
- Minimise resource use (fuel, paper, electricity);
- Reduce waste disposal costs;
- Improve revenues (recycling);
- Reduce risk of regulatory action (fines);
- Low compliance costs (less regulatory scrutiny);
- Improve access to capital markets;
- Positive shareholder response; and
- Improve corporate image and appeal to environmentally sensitive passengers
Please contact us to email@example.com to find out more information about the IEnvA program and ACS would be pleased to provide you with a competitive proposal for our specialist aviation auditing services.